NW Nations 2019 Tournament Schedule
NW Nations Tournament Rules
NW Nations - Officials Registration
West Linn Baseball Tournaments
- 24th-25-26-27th: 10U - 11U - 12U
- 7th-8-9th: 11U - 12U
- 20th-21-22-23rd: 13U - 14U
- 28th-29-30th: 10U - 12U
- MUST Read Umpire Guidelines (click here)
- 1st games of the day. Be on the field @ 10 minutes prior to game time.
- Review the tournament rules. Link to the RULES (above). Call John Teuscher if you have any questions.
- Bring a water bottle. Nations will supply a 5-gallon container of water for the umpires.
- No seeds on the turf fields.
- With a blow-out game. Check with tournament director and they will determine whether or not teams could start early.
- Don't leave until your replacements arrive.
- Check-in & out @ the tournament tent.
- No hanging out @ the tournament tent.
Situational Plays --> MLB Rule Clarification
- Catch and Carry MLB Rule Clarification:
- Rule 5.06(b)(3)(C) Comment: If a fielder, after having made a legal catch, should step or fall into any out-of-play area, the ball is dead and each runner shall advance one base, without liability to be put out, from his last legally touched base at the time the fielder entered such out-of-play area.
Have FUN - Be Prompt - Manage The Game
Remember, We Are There For The Kids!
Pre-Season Important Items for Officials
In order to be scheduled to umpire NW Nations baseball games, the following items MUST be taken care of:
- Registration/Insurance paperwork, the concussion certificate, as well any additional umpire hat orders should be sent to John or Jeff as stated below:
- Complete the Officials/Umpire registration/insurance form from the link provided. Then mail it to Jeff LeRiche with a check made out to "NW Nations Baseball". The address is clearly located on the form. DO NOT send this form to John.
- The NFHS concussion-training link is on the RCA RefTown home page. Take your concussion training and email the certificate to John, email@example.com. Should you already have a concussion certificated from the OSAA 2018-2019 sports season, then get a copy to John.
- For additional NW Nations plate hat orders, mail John your hat size (sm/med or large/x-large) along with a check made out to "Rose City Athletic's". His address is in RefTown.
- ONLY AFTER NW Nations has received the required registration/insurance paperwork and your check, will you receive an umpire NW Nations hat starting with your 1st game.
- The link for NW Nations tournament schedule is on the RCA RefTown home page. Over half of the tournaments are already sold out. The goal will be to schedule games 2 to 4 weeks in advance.
- Make sure to update your information on RefTown. This includes your schedule availability as well as your banking information for direct deposit.
- If you know of good umpires then have them contact John.
Focus On The Rules
- Speed Up Rules Courtesy Runners for Pitchers and Catchers: Courtesy Runners for the pitcher and catcher of record is highly recommended but is not mandatory. Subs will be used first as courtesy runners. In the event a team doesn’t have a sub then the batter who recorded the last out must be used as a courtesy runner. If a player is removed from the lineup that player can be used as a courtesy runner. A player may be used as a courtesy runner only one time per inning. Courtesy Runners for an incoming pitcher and catcher is not permitted.
- A defensive team may intentionally walk a batter by requesting the umpire to award the batter 1st base.
- Teams must hustle on and off the field between each inning.
- Coach and team conferences are limited to 30 sec. between innings.
- Pitchers: 8 warm-up pitches between innings or 1 minute whichever comes 1st.
- No infield warm up between games in tournament play.
- The team at bat shall supply a runner to retrieve any and all foul balls; they shall immediately return them to the home plate umpire.
- While on offense, only the batter and the on-deck batter shall be outside of the dugout fence.
- A bat boy/girl may leave the dugout to retrieve a bat after all playing action is completed provided they have a double flap helmet on while on the field.
- All bat boys/girls must have a helmet with two ear flaps when not in the dugout.
- While on defense, there shall be no equipment outside the dugout; this includes the on-deck circle.
- Catchers are required to wear helmets that protect both ears and the back of the head. Either throat protector or mask protecting the throat must be worn. Skullcaps are not permitted. Catchers are also required to wear a protective cup.